Monday, August 31, 2009

The problem of Christendom


"Many non-disciples in our church today. They accept Jesus into their lives and know that their sins are forgiven.They read the Bible and pray every day in individualism. Very little character formation takes place since it is done in isolation and individualism. Personal transformation can only take place in community where others can check on my commitments to God.The system provides them with only religious activity hence no conducive environment for transformation. The Great Commission has been made into Optional Commission."

Do I have an answer? Yes and No. Yes, I have some theory. No, I don't have a model to show you yet. My church leadership decided to embark on a 3 year transformation process. Does any of the alumni has a successful church model to showcase now. I will be interested to visit your church and study it.

No comments: